Thursday, 23 April 2009

Thursday - Meh...

I'm really not happy with all the corners I have had to cut so far. I think its making its way towards a product that isn't particularly appeal ling or entertaining. I have decided that yes, animation does take a long time and there is no way to change that if you want good results. As such, I will be going back and changing much of what I have done over the last few days. Deadline is only a few short weeks away though so this could prove a fatal error down the line.

video
Here is another load of work squished into just under a minute.

This video is interesting for a few reasons. Firstly, you see me experimenting all afternoon with a nice cheap way to get Pervert Man to step out of the baby stroller. Suffice it to say I don't find one. I try a blur effect which is crap and doesn't work and I try all sorts of tweening tricks. But they don't work. In the end I decide to just animate the entire thing and as I do Flash crashes and kills all my work. So I was a bit miffed off and walked away - a stupid mistake that lost me a few hours work...on top of losing a few hours work when Flash crashed. Frustrating.

Sometimes in animation you have to make tough choices and they are generally to do with cutting things or limiting things, but being at university I have the 'luxury' of saying...sod it ill do what I want...even if it does mean killing myself to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment