Monday, 16 February 2009

Offensive Content

I have spent the last few weeks fretting about the content of this cartoon and altering things I thought had gone too far. I believe I have now found a good balance between satire and cartoon entertainment. After researching cartoons that show on the channel I am making this cartoon for and after reading this months Viz I have decided that you I am barely scratching the surface in terms of gross out humour and that my cartoon is actually a decent attempt to satire this kind of content. But at the same time, I am making a cartoon for a website that people have to choose to watch. My cartoon will be forced upon people on a TV channel, instead it is something people will have to find and then watch: meaning that the people watching this cartoon will have had to look for this kind of content rather than it just been readily available. The Internet is a haven for ugly and disgusting things. At least my cartoon is trying to point this out at the same as joining in.

I hate to use the phrase, but 'at the end of the day' it is a piece of entertainment and if it makes you think about a few important issues along the way then good. But it if makes also you laugh at the same time it makes those issues a lot easier to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment